Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I walked around a Virginia shopping mall yesterday. It was very fun. I bought souvenirs for my friends.

Then, we went back to our hotel at 9:00 p.m., I met Brazilians at the lobby. After the short conversation, somehow I and one of the Brazilian women whose name is Deizi went an ice cream date.

I am not good at speaking English, she is also. My first language is Japanese and her first is Portugese. So, it was difficult to make up a conversation. But it was a valuable dialogue because I could learn about Brazilian soccer, music, politics, economics and culture. I also explained Japanese culture, food, music and politics to her. When we finished the conversation at 11:30 p.m., I was tired very much but it gave me a feelinmg of satisfaction.

4 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow an ice cream date!! That sounds like fun! I'm glad that you guys managed to overcome the language barrier, and talk about a lot of things!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Fumi said...

Good job!
It couldn't be better to date someone in the U.S.!!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Way to go, Shohei!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger NOBUFUMI said...

VIVA LA Brazilian girl!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home